Monitor stand for Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have had an idea to tidy away the cables on my Mac Mini and integrate it
with a monitor. I have mocked up an image to show how it could look.

I'm posting the idea purely to seek feedback, not to advertise.

Thanks,

Ben

Mac stand 001.JPG.jpg

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Would the stand be able to handle any sort of monitor? Or does the stand somehow manage the monitors stand as well?

OP
B
Reaction score
The stand is designed to support the monitor too. It should work with any monitor with a VESA mounting, however they may be some exceptions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
One of the things about the Mac Mini is that people tend to use it with non-Apple monitors that they already have..so being able to incorporate those would be vital to the design IMO. I'm not sure how many of them comply with the VESA mounting standard..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Most LCDs will have the same adapter (once you take off the existing stand) for the VESA standard. If not, the manufacturers generally have an adapter for the monitor to VESA. we just went through and desk-mounted 1500 monitors at work, about 15 different models, manufacturers and sizes, and they all had VESA mounts once we took off the stands.

There is a stand like this, or one that mounts on stands, from 12 South. It puts the mini in the back of the monitor, completely out of sight and out of the way.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Note that, although the Mini no longer comes with an optical drive, older ones do. This design seems to prevent access to the front panel. Is this stand designed to work only with the newer Mini?

OP
B
Reaction score
Note that, although the Mini no longer comes with an optical drive, older ones do. This design seems to prevent access to the front panel. Is this stand designed to work only with the newer Mini?

I have also designed one that would work with the older models which had the optical drive :)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Since you are looking for feedback and I have and use a MacMini (older version) with a non-Apple monitor, here is mine:

1) Well rendered and clean image
2) I don't like it and wouldn't use it
3) No advantage to me to position it under the monitor in front as shown
4) Behind the monitor and out of sight and I would consider it

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
3) No advantage to me to position it under the monitor in front as shown
I can certainly see this being an even more relevant issue if you need access to the back of the Mini on a regular basis. If you need regular access to the USB, FireWire or audio port(s), this design is a bit cumbersome and obtrusive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
As a 2011 mini user myself, I would not consider a front mount. It looks awkward, cumbersome, and all the cables would be visible at the front. Hide it behind the monitor and I might consider it. It probably would be cleaner than what I use now. I just fabricated an aluminum U shaped bracket, screwed it to the back of my monitor stand and slid it right in. Out of sight, out of mind.

Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.