MBP Retina Display - Chrome Flash Player Issue?

Reaction score
Firstly, sorry if this has been posted before but I've done a few searches and couldn't find it anywhere.

I have a 15" MBP with retina display. I've been using Safari until recently but just made the switch to Chrome.

Whenever I try and watch something with Flash player in fullscreen I get this problem where only the top left corner of the video is on the screen (as if the video is playing at a resolution 4 times bigger than the screen so only the upper left portion fits).

This doesn't happen with YouTube but the resolution still looks wrong in fullscreen as the bar along the bottom goes big and pixelated.

A friend with the same MBP and Chrome doesn't get the problem and said it was an issue in Chrome Canary but was since fixed, my Flash player, Chrome and OS are all up to date, so why is the problem still happening? (Also worth noting that my girlfriend is having the exact same problem on her MBP retina display).

Sorry for my complete lack of technical know-how, hope it makes sense!

C

chas_m

Chrome comes with its own version of Flash, so I have to presume that is the issue.

I'd suggest going with a browser that works for you, so Safari in this case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.