Mac App Store Updates for App I DONT Have

Reaction score
Hello, everytime I sign into my Mac App store to update my software I have an update for an application I don't own. The application isn't free, so I don't want to purchase it just to delete it. Similarly, everytime I try to update it, it is registered to an Apple ID that I have never seen anywhere in my life. I recently upgraded my HDD to an SSD and thought a clean install would get rid of any traces this app has on my computer, but it hasn't.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any feedback is appreciated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
A
Reaction score
I have tried both of your suggestions yet the update is still there. I completely agree that it must be somewhere on my hard drive but even Easy Find couldn't locate any files assosiated with several keywords.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The scenario you're talking about - an app wanting to be updated with an Apple ID you're not familiar with is typically associated with pirated software - a couple of times when the developer has left their ID in the app.

Try googling the name of the message with the apple id and you should get a couple of hits about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.