Battery Life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
How long do you get on a charge with your screen brightness set at half and you volume at half. If you have an iBook please post how long you get on you iBook as well as PowerBook. If this thread is still alive when the MacBook Pros ship please post battery life on them too.

-Cheers

EDIT: Also don't forget to post what model the PowerBook / iBook is.

J

jn4jenny

Well to be honest, I never set mine at half and half. If I'm on my battery, I'm after maximum battery life and my volume and screen brightness are as low as I can get them. If the lighting is such that I can't see the screen well at the lowest setting, I invert the screen colors with Ctrl-Alt-Apple-8.

On those dead lowest settings, on a 1Ghz 12" Powerbook G4 with the NewerTech after-market battery, I can get as much as 4.5 hours, or about 3 hours if I'm using Airport Extreme. With the original factory battery, I was never able to get that sort of time. I was lucky to get three and a half hours when the factory battery was new, and two and a half hours with Airport Extreme on.

Reaction score
I get over 3 hours on my PB 1.5 GHz running Panther and using everything to the Max.. About 30 min.more when conserving. I'm really disappointed that they haven't even mentioned battery life on the MacPro, that can only mean one thing, it stinks or they would be bragging. This will stop me from buying one for awhile because I'm fast enough now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I've maxed out at around 5 hours and a few minutes with my lowest brightness setting on my PB 15". On my 14" iBook, I've got as much as 7 hours 18 minutes, if I recall.

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

I usally get 3 1/2 hours life on a 1.67ghz. Make sure you have under power-saving processor setting to conserve power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
I get about 3 hours on my 1.67GHz, using the factory installed battery.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
On my PowerBook (in username area) I can get up to 4 hrs if I turn off the audio and set the screen brightness to the lowest it goes without going completely black.

Coconut battery tells me I can get a 97% charge on my battery,

The reason I use this is namely because I'm to lazy to buy a second battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.