• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

AppleCare does not cover damage from God

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about getting AppleCare for my 12'' iBook G4 (1.33GHz). While I was reading the small print, I noticed this in the terms and conditions:

e. Limitations.The Plan does not cover:
Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or
maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme
environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation
or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;

Wth? acts of God? lol, well thats just too bad. Anyways, i found it sortof humorous, thought i'd share.
BTW, is the AppleCare really worth the $300? (CDN)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display
haha, guess they have to cover themselves from everything nowadays

Reaction score
I bet someone tried to sue them because their computer was destroyed by what they called an act of god.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_God
Act of God is a common legal term for events outside of human control, such as sudden floods or other natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible. This does not protect those who put others in danger of acts of God through negligence, such as a camp counselor who instructs a group of children on a hike to stand under a tree to escape a lightning storm.
Every warranty contract I've ever read (all both of them!) mentions "Acts of God."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Warranties an manuals allways have wierd stuff in it, did you know iPaq's manual recommend the user not to sleep with their PDAs?
Anyway, i don't have AppleCare, but i have allways been lucky with my electronics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yea acts of god is very common in contracts. I booked concerts at my school last year and every contract (even for cheap bar bands) had the acts of god clauses in them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
It's a blanket term covering natural disasters. I don't think there is any obligation on either party to prove or disprove the existence or involvement of a deity.

Reaction score
On a similar note one of my all time favourites is packs of peanuts which say on the back 'This product may contain nuts'. You don't say !!

H

Harryc

thermidor said:
It's a blanket term covering natural disasters. I don't think there is any obligation on either party to prove or disprove the existence or involvement of a deity.
But if they could it would be entirely interesting...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.