USB hub

Reaction score
Hi again,

I'm trying to buy a usb hub off ebay, if the description says: system requirements windows blah blah and no mention of OX system does that mean it wouldn't work on my powerbook?

Some items description does have OS on and some don't. The one I want doesn't have OX listed as system requirements.

Thanks all

Reaction score
If you needed a driver for it then that would have to be one for OSX but the usb hub that i had didn't need a driver to be installed so I can't imagine it being a problem. I have got rid of it however as it had this big power pack and lots of lamps on it, which looked nice but i didn't really want on all day long and i needed the extra socket space as it took up two sockets because the power pack was so big. So try to get one that doesn't need to be plugged in. It will save on plug socket space and your electric bill.

I've got one of those MP3 stick players that i got for free and that also didn't say that you could run it with a Mac but it also works fine. Hope this is of some help. :rolleyes:

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Bobbins, I do need a powered one the one I already bought (which wasn't a powered one) doesn't have enought power for my printer etc, so I was advised to get a powered one. I know what your saying about the power pack tho - I've already got 2 extension leads to power just my desk in our study.

The description on the one I want states its a plug and play. So I assume no drivers are needed?

Reaction score
Yes, plug and play should mean no driver. I can't imagine why a driver would be needed as it's only an extension cable really.

Maybe the power packs aren't so stupidly big these days. It was a few years ago when USB had just come out. The thing even buzzed slightly which was even more annoying. I was surprised that the lights didn't dim when i plugged it in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.