Email question? And others

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have been saving for the 27"iMac in the new year,
At the moment I have been struggling with a windows laptop which is slowly dying,

I have everything backed-up but the laptop hinge is falling apart and may not see the new year,

The initial plan was to get an iPad early in the new year and perhaps a 27"iMac mid year,

I am going away for Xmas, (December/January) and will need Internet access while I'm away,

I'm thinking of bringing the purchase of a 64GB iPad forward to get me some reliability into the new year and hope that the laptop survives at home until the new iMac is affordable

I've decided to go "Fully-Mac" but as you can see, budget is slowing me down

Question:
Can I use my Windows email address on my new iPad? And for that matter, on the new iMac when it eventually arrives?

I am currently using iCloud with my iPhone and the windows iCloud program I downloaded on the laptop, most things work and I really like the options, with this, I got an iCloud email address but would not want to use that for my general communication

Sorry for "cutting a short story long" :Blushing: but wanted to let you know my intended Mac direction,

Regards,
Gary

C

chas_m

1. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to use your current email address with your new iMac or iPad.

2. You could certainly use an iPad as a substitute machine for most functions while you bridge the gap to the iMac.

The new iMacs appear to be delayed, Apple had said they would start shipping next month but now I'm wondering if they'll show up in any usable quantities before 2013.

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
The new iMacs appear to be delayed, Apple had said they would start shipping next month but now I'm wondering if they'll show up in any usable quantities before 2013.
Thank you Chas,
Even the old model with the fast chip would be OK for me, as long as they have the discount to go with it,
The units main function is photographic editing so would also get 16GB of ram
Regards,
Gary

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
Tks Chas,
At least I don't have to pony-up for the iMac straight away, well, if the laptop dies I may have to,
Regards,
Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.