OS 9.2- Network/Appletalk Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
Hi every 1

as a second computer i have an old Power Mac G3 (grey).

And it is running Os 9.2 fine. i also have an imac g3 running OSX 10.2.8.

I often share files between these 2 computers. The power mac when it starts up, it loads the desktop and then waits about 5 mins and then becomes active. it is trying to connect to the imac in this time. I only some times share files and i dont want it to do this automatically.

All i have done is gone to chooser, appleshare on the powermac and typed in the imacs IP. it works fine but i dont want it to try to connect every time i start up. Does any 1 have any idea how to stop this happening.

If i reinstall it stops but then as soon as i connect to the imac from then on it trys to do it on startup again.

any help is appreciated
Thanks alot

Reaction score
Try turning off 'Apple talk' in the control panel bar or just unplugging the enet cable.

OP
Pattay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
yeha that obvisouly works

but as soon as you start up its on again

and if i take out the cable its annoying becuase have to plug it in and out every time i start up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.