Thinking of a MBP 15 after years of other makes and Windows

Reaction score
So go easy

My last 2 laptops were both Alienware, an M17x and 14x (really regret selling the 17 but hey **)...anyway, dont know why, but been looking at the MBP 15.

Truth be told though, I've also been looking for another AW 17x but cant find anything near me, and want to see/try it first before spending so paying before you see doesnt apeal to me.

So how diffirent would I find the MBP 15 to what I know ie Windows and AW?

Btw the spec of the M17 I had was

I7 sandy bridge 2.2ghz
16gb ddr3
Radeon 7970M
250gb ssd + 500gb 7200 sata ordinary (as I would call it)

That's the main spec....so like I say, how would above stated MBP 15 compare, to swing me over to the other side

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So how diffirent would I find the MBP 15 to what I know ie Windows and AW?

Perhaps many differences if you are not familiar with the Mac OS.

Experience is probably the best teacher. Try to get yourself in front of a Macintosh computer...to see what the OS has to offer.:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank god you said something or it'd have been a waste of time posting!....92 views and only you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Most folks, myself among them, find Mac OS much more intuitive and much easier to use than Windows. Mac machines themselves are much more solidly built than any Toshiba or HP lap top I have owned. Those machines barely made it a year before retiring themselves.

To echo Pigoo3 above, go to an Apple store and see, feel, and touch. Talk to folks about their experiences.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Comparing purely on a tech spec level, Mac's generally tend not to be at the cutting edge. While this might seem like it would make the system slower than a higher spec'ed machine, OS X makes a big difference in bridging that gap or surpassing another higher spec'ed machine running Windows for example..

So, I would worry less about the hard specs and as Nick suggested, see what OS X can do by playing with a MBP 15" at your local Apple Store..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.