OS X Snow Leopard on External HD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, IPad 3G, IPhone 4S
I intend to install OS X Snow Leopard to a 1 TB Ext HD with the intention of then installing Toast 11 to that OS so I can use the software within Toast called Spin Doctor to do some recordings from vinyl into iTunes. Spin Doctor will not run on Mountain Lion. Does this sound like a viable option or is there a better suggestion out there. Thanks..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It should work. You could also partition your internal hard drive (assuming you have enough room) and install Snow Leopard to a separate partition. You didn't mention which Mac you have, but keep in mind that if your Mac was pre-installed with a later version of OS X, you may be unable to install Snow Leopard.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, IPad 3G, IPhone 4S
I am using an IMac running OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. This program called Spin Doctor will not run on Mountain Lion but according to Correl Tech support it will run on Snow Leopard. I don't really want to partition the Mac HD, but I figure I can't do too much damage with the Ext HD. Also, could you give me a hint as to how to create a simple folder on the HD. I changed the formatting from NTFS to the Mac formatting but I have not as of yet found any option as to how to just create a folder to throw some junk into for storage. Thanks for the reply..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.