Canon Powershot SD 780 "No Camera Found"

Reaction score
Good Day Everyone!! I have a situation, I'm trying to fix a problem by connecting a Canon Powershot SD 780 camera to an iMac 10.6 for a friend. It works well with a PC and he told me that it worked for him before with the same OS with nothing new installed or updated. Every time I go to Camerawindow, I get the message "No camera found". I I checked hardware and it doesn't show up in USB, but other devices do. I switched to different USB ports and took some devices off the USB ports, still nothing. Has anybody ran into this problem or know what it is? Your help will be greatly appreciated it. Thanks in advance!!

C

chas_m

First you'll have to explain what "Camerawindow" is, I've never heard of it.

If you're using Canon-supplied software, I'd say there's your problem. Try Image Capture, or iPhoto ... or just pop the SD card and use the built-in SD card reader on the iMac.

OP
M
Reaction score
CameraWindow is a Canon software. I tried the other software to iPhoto and image capture, nothing. It worked before when it was connected to the computer, all of a sudden out of no where nothing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.