Are Apple aware that there ARE other options out there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac, Late 2011 Model. 500g HD, 16 Gigs RAM. Snow Leopard.
Hi there,

I Went into Apple store here in Dublin yesterday as I am looking at buying a 21" iMac and their website says that the latest iMac will be released in Ireland in November.

I spoke to one of the staff in there and he said that they do not have the latest 21" nor 27" iMacs and do not know when they will have it. They also do not have any of the older versions left as they are being replaced by the new ones.

So the long and short of it is that if you went into Apple with up to €3000 to buy an iMac you cannot spend your money as they do not have new ones or old ones there for you to purchase.

As I have never bought an apple product before can someone tell me if this is standard business practise with Apple ?

Are they aware that there are other options in Computers out there, do they care about their customers or have they become so arrogant as to not really care to even update their website believing that people will wait as long as it takes to get their hand on their products ?

Mark S.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit:

Since having been pointed the error of my ways - thanks codda...

Still don't believe 'tis arrogance. Sort of doubt they expected to sell off their entire current inventory with folks knowing a new model was on the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
iMacs are not available for order...right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Are they aware that there are other options in Computers out there, do they care about their customers or have they become so arrogant as to not really care to even update their website believing that people will wait as long as it takes to get their hand on their products ?

If there "are other options," you should pursue them.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac, Late 2011 Model. 500g HD, 16 Gigs RAM. Snow Leopard.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So the long and short of it is that if you went into Apple with up to €3000 to buy an iMac you cannot spend your money as they do not have new ones or old ones there for you to purchase.

As I have never bought an apple product before can someone tell me if this is standard business practise with Apple ?

This is a bit of an unusual situation (longer delay than usual)...meaning usually if Apple announces new products...there's usually only a short delay between the announcements & availability. Usually (in 90%+ of the situations)...availability of the new models is the very same day as the announcements.

As already mentioned...the new iMac models (that were announced back in October I believe)...are not yet available in the United States or Canada either. This info has actually been known since the new models were announced...so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that has done their research.;)

As far as being upset that there are no old iMac models available either. Well...I REALLY don't think many people would want to buy an old model iMac...if they knew that new models would be out very soon. And no...if Apple were still selling the old models...they would not be discounted (Apple doesn't do this with brand new computers...only refurbished units).

I think that you're going a bit overboard here. Since you are new to Apple computers...you should really find out if the current situation is "normal" before "FREAKING OUT"!;)

And yes there are computer alternatives out there...but they aren't Apple computers running the Mac OS. If you want a brand new Apple computer running the Mac OS...then you MUST buy an Apple computer!!!:)

Now you do know...that if you REALLY gotta have an iMac computer ASAP...and you have €3000 to spend...you could always buy a used computer!!!;) But if you want a brand new Apple iMac computer...then you're just going to have to wait like everyone else!;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The situation here in the US is the same. Most stores, (Best Buy, etc) have sold out their stock of the previous iMac models. The previous model is in demand - especially the 21.5" because the newer ones are without an optical drive and can not be memory upgraded. (The new 27" model can still be memory upgraded.)

I did find some of the older models still on sale at a US Naval Base here in Fort Worth, TX. But that store is limited to military personnel and their families only. And their supply at the time was very low.

Rumor has it that the new iMacs will be available in the US sometime in December. No telling when they'll be available in the UK or elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.