Official Desktop Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Kokopelli said:
Am I the only person here who hides the Dock?

Yep, I hide the dock, but I only pop it back up for my screenshoots. :eek: Oh, and that is a wonderful wallpaper, you got there. I'm already at the site downloading. Thanks!

Reaction score
rs2sensen said:
mine is pretty boring, I got sick of using themes and just felt like the good ole OS X feel for a while. I am currently working on making my own icons for all my different folders though, but, I'm kinda lazy...
Ryan I need that photo! Awesome, I love it!

A

Aarow

iLEFTOVERCRACK said:

I'm mowing lawns all summer to get one. I already have $250 and I'm going to get a 512 RAM thing from a little computer shop by my house tomorrow :mac:.

Reaction score
Aarow said:
I'm mowing lawns all summer to get one. I already have $250 and I'm going to get a 512 RAM thing from a little computer shop by my house tomorrow :mac:.
Go for it, Goodluck, I think this is cool!

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Graphite 500MHz G3, 640 MB Ram
Kokopelli said:
Am I the only person here who hides the Dock?

I bet you hardly use the Dock, you got QuickSilver ;)

And while I'm here, here's my desktop.

Picture 1.png

K

Kokopelli

Joeth said:
I bet you hardly use the Dock, you got QuickSilver ;)

And while I'm here, here's my desktop.

:) To tell the truth the only reason I have not tried to get rid of the Dock entirely is that I like to use bouncing Icons for notifications in Adium. Otherwise I do not use the Dock itself at all, though I do use <CMD><TAB>. I have triggers to show and empty trash, and use WindowShade + Witch for minimized apps. So what would I use the Dock for?

What I really wish I could do is set the Dock to hide and not appear when the mouse reaches an edge. I would like for it to only appear based on a key combination. That way it would stay out of my way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7
Kokopelli, I only unhide mine for screenshots as well, mine is always hidden, I however use it for about everything, I use bullseye for my software for my attempt to start learning to program..... and i use WindowShade also.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I was just handing out one by one the background image I used, but as I just sent it to the 5th person, I realized "this is a really stupid way to do it, I'll just put it on the site." So I did. Here it is everybody!!!

Also, I don't like to hide my dock because I like it to be "right there" and ready when I need it. If I hide, i have to wait a second for it to maximize, which isn't good for me.

1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
this is my friend's attempt at making his PC look like a mac, he's done a pretty fair job. He also has a clamshell ibook running panther, but it's out of commission until he gets a new power cord.

screenshot.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
rs2sensen said:
this is my friend's attempt at making his PC look like a mac, he's done a pretty fair job. He also has a clamshell ibook running panther, but it's out of commission until he gets a new power cord.
ive seen worse

P

Photoshawwwp

rs2sensen said:

That was a screen shot of my PC. I have updated some, I put some widgets up, so heres a new version

screenshot.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Photoshawwwp said:
That was a screen shot of my PC. I have updated some, I put some widgets up, so heres a new version
you spelled beatles wrong

P

Photoshawwwp

benjamindaines said:
you spelled beatles wrong

Thanks. I didn't spell it wrong myself, it was how it was spelled when one of my friends gave it to me, and I just didn't change it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Photoshawwwp said:
Thanks. I didn't spell it wrong myself, it was how it was spelled when one of my friends gave it to me, and I just didn't change it.
ahh i see

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Fallooza said:
i dont remember the app for the clear window, but you can see the contolepanel in my menubar

Could you please try to find it?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Decided to go for a walk on the beach today.

thebeach3.jpg

I

iMe

Hahaha....Yeah sure!....Nice picture even though your location is Toledo, Ohio.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What? You don't think Lake Erie has a beach front like that? :eek: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.