Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?

Reaction score
Good morning!

I have a Mid-2009 Macbook Pro 5,5 (Snow leopard), and am thinking about upgrading to Mountain Lion. However, I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Mountain Lion and a lot of them have been negative reviews (computer running slower, application issues etc.).

Is it worth upgrading from Snow leopard to Mountain Lion? Will Mountain Lion speed up my computer at all?

Your constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Do you "need" Mountain Lion for some reason???:

- hardware compatibility
- software compatibility
- new features you cannot live without

If you do...regardless of the negative things you've read...then you have to upgrade...like it or not.;)

If you don't need Mountain Lion for the reasons listed above...then you could stay where you are (Snow Leopard). But eventually you will have to upgrade (maybe not today...but in the future)...since Apple is most likely not going to provide any additional 10.6 updates (10.6.8 is the last & latest).

Of course you could always upgrade to 10.7 Lion. But I think that most users will say that 10.8 is better than 10.7. I'm running 10.7 & 10.8 on two of my computers...and I really don't have any complaints with either one.:)

-Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.