Activity Monitor in Terminal Output

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Ok so I typed "top" into terminal and got Activity Monitor. At the very top it says I have 2 stuck processes and I just rebooted my MBP. It ranges from 1-4 processes being stuck. How do I figure out what these processes are and how do I get them unstuck?

Screen Shot 2012-11-22 at 11.09.47 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Stuck indicates that the process is uninterruptible. What this means is the process is waiting for some low-level operation to complete (disk/network io etc). It varies, because its generally a temporary state, and one that is expected in a unix environment.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Stuck indicates that the process is uninterruptible. What this means is the process is waiting for some low-level operation to complete (disk/network io etc). It varies, because its generally a temporary state, and one that is expected in a unix environment.

So should I be worried? It was showing this when I had nothing open at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
So should I be worried? It was showing this when I had nothing open at all.

Correct. There are a ton of processes that run all the time... Not only applications

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.