Windows Media Player "bin" file installation

Reaction score
Dear Reader,
I am a new on ibook and I was glad to buy before some months ago
(as it looks) the last Motorola chip Apple computer.
I try play online Microsoft ASF video but can not.
Somebody know how to play that?
I like to try Windows Media Player 9. How can I install the xxx.bin file?
Thanks.
doki_2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
double click the .bin file. it will place another file where ever you double clicked the .bin. then doble click that file.

OP
D
Reaction score
Dependency

Hi fearlessfreap24,
Thanks for your answer. I just download a dependency of Stuffit de Luxe for it and will try to install.
Regards,
doki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Doki,
Don't install WMP, it has officially been killed off by Microsoft for the Mac. Instead head to http://www.flip4mac.com and download the WMV Quicktime component which is replacing WMP.

Reaction score
I've been having a video problem with flip4mac, even if Microsoft stops support, it works and haven't found a site that it doesn't work with.. Is anyone else having a problem??

Reaction score
flip4mac works fine on my computer with safari. Have you got the latest version ?

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Schweb,
Thanks for the advise I will try it. (Without try the WMD for MAC. It need Internet Explorer. Until now only that I installed and the problems started with it that always freezed the Explorer: Beter leave it)

jram, thanks also but I am not so good in English and in the same sentece you wrote you have problem but the program work in every site.
That is the meaning if you did not find a site where it does not work.

"I've been having a video problem with flip4mac, even if Microsoft
stops support, it works and haven't found a site that it doesn't work with.. Is anyone else having a problem??"
I will report later.

(I have Linux in the desktop and there I use Kaffein what works perfect. Linux not works well on ibook)

Best regards,
doki

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi Schweb,
Thanks again.
I installed it and functioning somehow.
For me it is OK but "somehow" mean for example I can not make Screen zoom. The processor was work all the time 100% and the temperature went up (until I did not closed the computer) to 63°C.
I not heard that the ventillator started to work and this make me worry. Now I check but if I not find what is the problem I will make a new question.
BEst regards,
doki

Reaction score
doki, I meant using windows media player I have no problem on any site.. I installed flip4mac and heard audio, but video didn't work.. I installed it 3 different times .. I must be doing something wrong. I might try uninstalling windows media, then trying the program.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi jram,
Thanks and sorry.
I told you my English ids not the best.
Will check also Microsoft to sure I have in one the best solution.
Now the problem is the fan control.
Regards,
doki

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you restart Safari before you tried Flip4mac? I did that accidently the other night and it would not work properly unless Safari was completely shut down and restarted.

Works great here with Safari and Firefox.

Reaction score
Yeah, I restarted safari and FF.. I'll try again.. thanks
I downloaded, dragged it to my applications folder. That's all I have to do, right??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
jram said:
I downloaded, dragged it to my applications folder. That's all I have to do, right??

The Flip4Mac I downloaded has an Installer. It was not Drag and Drop install. I had to run the installer.

The file inside the DMG when it mounts is Flip4mac WMV.mpkg. You double click on that and it will install.

F

Fallooza

jram said:
go ta system prefs and settings should be at the bottom. Also its not just safari and ff you need ta restart, its any app that uses QT so that includes itunes and maybe others.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I did it all wrong, oh wonder it didn't work.
Thanks again.

I just tried the program and it works..Thanks again

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,
After you wrote me (just some days ago) Microsoft took the marketinng of the
flip4mac. Hope not have to say goodby for an other program.
flip4mac is not so bad.
Regards,
doki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.