Scaling MBP 13" Retina - anyone use a higher res?

Reaction score
Switched to the MBP 13" from the MBA 13" and I love the retina display but realized after it's def scaled to look like a lower resolution. Not a huge issue but I do find that sometimes when working and what not my screen real estate feels far more limited as I miss the 1440x900 resolution of the Air.

I know that I can scale the MBP up a notch to make it look like 1440x900. I don't know if I'm just used to the lower res now but I find that seems so tiny. Either way, it says to be careful when scaling as performance might be impacted and so on. I realize the quality drops a bit but that it should still look higher than the resolution on the MBA. Was just wondering if there's any negative impacts on using it at this resolution or if anyone does, or if it has this option more for people that just need to run an app that doesn't support scaling etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
What exactly do you mean by "my screen real estate feels far more limited"? - the screen is exactly the same size (13.3"). Just resize your windows if you want them to be smaller. The resolution is higher, and maybe your menu-bars are a fraction thicker, but so what?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.