best small biz accounting software

Reaction score
I currently use Quickbooks Pro on a PC. Now have Mac. I read awful reviews about quickbooks and mac. Is there any other affordable accting software out there for me? I have large client base, some inventory, need payroll, invoicing etc. Any personal experience with QB for Mac? Is it really that bad?
Thank you so much! I am located in the Caribbean, so no need for tax features etc but need commission feature to pay employee. In QB it's "sales by Rep"
Canconi

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most folks in your situation have opted to run Windows on their Macs in order to continue using the Windows version of Quickbooks. Running Windows in a virtual machine is easy and VirtualBox from Oracle is free. You still need a legal copy of Windows, but that may be the easiest solution for you.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks will try Accountz. I would rather not spend more $ to buy Windows version to run QB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP w/15" Retina, i7 quad core 2.7Ghz, 768 gb SSD, 16gb Ram
I would be very surprised if the Mac version of QB is very different from the WIndows version. I'd expect the code to be nearly identical C++ or Java under the hood, with some differences in the UI but not huge differences. Hmmm...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.