Buying an ex-ipad display

Reaction score
Hi all

First post and need some advice.

Due to the company going into administration, I could get my hands on a display iPad for cheap.

It seems to work just like a normal iPad but I was told that it is supplied specifically to be a display, with what I assume different programs or limitations.

My questions would be:

-Are these ipads really just an iPad or are they majorly different?
-If they are one in the same, but i needed someone to clean/change anything in it. Could this be done by a computer person?

Any help would be great!

Thanks

John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think your referring to an iPad that was a display model. You didn't mention which iPad it is but I'll assume it's either the iPad 2 or 3 since the iPad 4 models are too new. You probably should have someone who knows about the iPad and how to use it to test it for you before buying. After buying it, you can reset it back to factory specs by attaching it to your PC or Mac running iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.