iPhone 4 with or without case?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an iPhone 4. I currently use it with a case but I would like to start using it without a case. I am the kind of person that is very careful but I am worried that it could get damaged easily without a case. What are your opinions?

Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
If you are worried then probably should keep it in the case. Otherwise you will regret it when you take it out. Friend of mine got one of the those Lifeproof cases that is pretty much everything resistant.

Decided to take it out and it dropped into a pool of water. Needless to say they had to get a "new" iPhone 4 for 100 dollars. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
If you are worried then probably should keep it in the case. Otherwise you will regret it when you take it out. Friend of mine got one of the those Lifeproof cases that is pretty much everything resistant.

Decided to take it out and it dropped into a pool of water. Needless to say they had to get a "new" iPhone 4 for 100 dollars. >_>"
I have a lifeproof case. A little on thee bulky side. I had to laugh, because that is exactly what would happen to me if I took it out of the case. That is one thing about Apple products, they always seem too slippery to me. If I had a desktop I would probably try to figure out a case for that as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Ghost Armor full-body protection from scratches. That's what I did with my old iPhone 4.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No case for me.

At least not one that stays permanently affixed to it like the above.
I do have a leather case with a belt clip for carrying it around.
But, it's au natural when in my hand in use.

The same leather case still going strong since the first iPhone and now been home for the 3GS for 3 years. Probably the main reason I didn't upgrade to the 4 or 4S - they wouldn't fit in my case.

Sena leather cases - you won't be so willing to give up your old iPhone for a new one if it doesn't fit in your case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I use Lifeproof on my iPhones. I was afraid of water damage after ruining an iPhone forgot was in my pocket while swimming and then dropping my 4 and shattering the screen. I would recommend a bumper at least to help just a little in case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
I have an Otterbox on my iPhone 4. I also put my 8 year old's iPad mini in an Otterbox...

The Otterbox cases are WELL worth the purchase price!! I've dropped my phone several times, the plastic of the case has some cracks, but the phone itself is in absolutely perfect condition. Not a single scratch or line of any kind on it, and it'll be 2 years old in June.

Reaction score
I am using a case on my iphone 4 currently its the rockbed v3 from rockform. It can withstand a normal drop outside on the concrete. It has a nice small grip on the back so it don't slide on the table. Even works with my universal dock adaptor. I only spent like 20 bucks for it on amazon when its originally 40 on the rockform website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
I used to but not anymore, I have a front & back screen protector and it protects enough. I don't drop often though

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen anyone in my area that has the same case as me. Most of them use otterboxes. Its cool having a case that is unique and hardly anyone else uses.

Reaction score
I love my iPhone too much and invested quite a bit of money in it to not want to keep it as safe as possible. Case for me at all times definitely. Plus there's so many to choose from it's fun to switch it up once in awhile!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.