Adding Text to .Jpeg images

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time poster here, sorry it had to be a new thread! I attempted to search using the search bar and some browsing of old topics... to no avail.

I am trying to find a way to auto-populate text within a large number of .jpeg images. I work at a law firm. I am in charge of saving photos with a text box that is in this format "Johnson 1234-000123". Obviously, "Case Name, Case #-Document #". Right now I open the .jpegs through Preview, use the annotation tool to open a text box, I copy-paste the text and then change the Doc # on the end, and then resave the images to a folder. This process is tedious and can be confusing if I lose my place for some reason.

I have Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 but not full-on Photoshop.

What I would like to have is a way to open up, let's say 100 photos, and have that text field auto-populate in each picture with the Doc # going up 1 value for every picture.

Image #1: Johnson 1234-000001
Image #2: Johnson 1234-000002
etc...

The need to be able to move the text box would also be helpful, as I need to avoid areas of importance on some images.

I hope this made some sort of sense :D Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brit

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.