too many duplicates in itunes

Reaction score
hi, so i'm finding myself with too many duplicates in my itunes. what's the best was to weed them out? thank you and have a nice day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Too many duplicates? How many duplicates are enough?

It's hard to advise you on how to remove them as it's not possible to know where they reside on your computer. Your Music folder should hold the originals. You can then have a given song appear in several different Playlists, but that doesn't mean the song is on there twice. You may know this already, but your post is very sparse. It's hard to tell where you are, so to speak.

OP
soulfire363
Reaction score
ah, many albums have duplicate copies. ie. theres 2 copies of back in black, master of puppets, etc. like that. so songs are double listed. i want to weed out the extra copies. but have it so that when i put the album on my ipod, the songs from a single album are together, rather than how in itunes album cover view, back in black is there twice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.