2010 Macbook Pro 13.3 Screen Problem PLEASE PLEASE Help Im PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Hey Guys Im in need for Help I bought My Used MBP Mid 2010 13" It worked fine Closed my lid Charged it over night next Day My Screen was Black I have Done Everything Including ctrl option pr. Anyways I tried it all When I would start the computer its running keyboard lights up caps lock tuns green when I press it. I can Here the up volume down volume. Adjusted Brightness to Highest level. if I hold a flashlight to the screen I can see the background. WHen I hook it up to a external monitor Everything is fine. Took it to a mac store Mac Said Replace the LCD so I Bought a LCD. Installed it DId the same thing Black DIsplay but can see background with Flashlight. WHat ELse do I need to do What could be the problem Please Help Me.:Shouting:

OP
D
Reaction score
Need for Help I bought My Used MBP Mid 2010 13" It worked fine Shut It down Charged it over night next Day My Screen was Black I have Done Everything Including ctrl option pr. Anyways I tried it all When I would start the computer its running keyboard lights up caps lock tuns green when I press it. I can Here the up volume down volume. Adjusted Brightness to Highest level. if I hold a flashlight to the screen I can see the background. When I hook it up to a external monitor Everything is fine. Took it to a mac store Mac Said I Need to Replace the LCD so I Bought a LCD Installed it DId the same thing Black DIsplay but can see background with Flashlight. WHat ELse do I need to do What could be the problem Please Help Me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like the backlight has failed. When they said change the LCD I suspect, if they'd have undertook the repair they'd have replaced the backlight too.
I'm guessing the Apple logo on the lid doesn't light up either?

OP
D
Reaction score
Sounds like the backlight has failed. When they said change the LCD I suspect, if they'd have undertook the repair they'd have replaced the backlight too.
I'm guessing the Apple logo on the lid doesn't light up either?

The Apple light on the lid does not work I Installed the New Lcd that I ordered online. Its a 2010 MacBook pro so its all one unit Lcd and Board I just don't get it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's definitely the back light so it's either:
a) faulty (seems unlikely with the new part)
b) it's not connected/installed correctly
c) the logic board is faulty and not sending an 'on' signal to the backlight

If it were me I'd pay to get a formal diagnosis before further outlay

OP
D
Reaction score
It's definitely the back light so it's either:
a) faulty (seems unlikely with the new part)
b) it's not connected/installed correctly
c) the logic board is faulty and not sending an 'on' signal to the backlight

If it were me I'd pay to get a formal diagnosis before further outlay

Im Just going to give up on it and sell it Im Over this computer I don't get it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The LCD might have been OK, it was the LED backlight that failed. However, since the LED backlight is part of the display, it's usually recommended that the entire display be replaced. Apparently though there is a problem with the circuitry for the LED backlight. You might want to go to iFixit: The free repair manual and do some trouble shooting. If that's above your knowledge, take it back to the Apple store and let them trouble shoot it for you.

EDIT: And please do not double post! I merged your posts together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
learning
Im also dealing with a screen problem. My macbook unibody 1278 suffered a soda spill, took it apart and cleaned logic board and now it turns on but no picture?? external monitor works fine, had the lcd tested and it is ok so its not lcd or backlight?? did replaced keyboard?? nothing..now it look like its coming from logic board can i repair or not??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's probably a logic board defect caused by the soda spill. If the machine was on when the spill occurred it may have shorted something out on the logic board. You're looking at replacing the entire logic board. An expensive repair.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
learning
Wow, so even know everything on mac works fine screen fan hard drive keyboard the brightness wont come back on??? everything on logic board seems to work except whatever makes the picture be bright??? thanks for the help..... is just that it wont make seance to me everything on logic board works??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.