Bookmarks

Reaction score
I am using 10.6.8. I find my Bookmark folders in their latest format, in which one navigates between the saved websites by moving the slider-bar at the bottom of the screen and seeing an image of each in miniature, verging on useless. Being presented with a list of websites and clicking on the one wanted was both faster and more convenient. How can I regain the way it was before?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Martin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You're describing Top Sites, I think. (I've never used it.) You can disable that in Safari Preferences.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank-you: I have disabled TopSites and that's not it and I have emptied an image cache and prevented lots of website images being stored. In my pull-down Bookmarks Bar I see each bookmarked site expressed in letters and numbers in the usual way: www....etc, highlight the one I want and click on it to take me there. However, when I open a Bookmarks Folder, I am confronted with a black screen with a Safari logo in the middle and at the very bottom, two rows of quite small text; in the top row, in bold type, is the short name I assigned to the site when bookmarking it and in the second the http:// address. Below that is a slider bar and by clicking and holding on that and sliding it to left or right the neighbouring bookmarks appear one at a time. My objective is to return to the simple list of the websites in each folder, enabling me to see all at once and click on the one I want.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Grab the bar under the slider and drag it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.