Opening new finder window when clicking the icon

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone else find it frustrating if they have one finder window open, and want to open another one, instinctively click on the icon in the dock, and then realize it just focused on the one already open? Or, this is what actually bothers me most, if you have a finder window on one desktop (in mission control), you go to another desktop, and when you click finder to open a new window, it just takes you back to the first desktop. And if you want to open your new window, you have to click on finder, press cmd+n, and then drag your window over to the desktop where you actually want it to be. I've searched in the settings, but I can't find a setting that will allow me to automatically open a new finder window when I click the icon. Is this possible? Am I missing something?

Regards,
Arne Gevaert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You could always right-click/ctrl-click the icon and select new finder window.

Also if you are on another desktop - just click on the desktop itself and hit cmd-n - clicking on the desktop will focus finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.