iPhone to Android

Reaction score
Hello all!

Basically due to my third year uni project I have to put down my iPhone 5 and pick up an Nexus S. I need to populate the android with data, so as a starting point am trying to port my contacts over.
I've read its possible to export then as a CSV file, but I dont think that helps me :(
Any advice would be muchos appreciated!
Thanks

Chri

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Sync all of your contacts in your iPhone with a Gmail account and then sync that to the Android phone..

OP
C
Reaction score
Aha! Good plan! Thanks.
However, that word 'Sync' scares me. Am I going to load all my contacts on my iPhone?
Cheers bud!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can tell iTunes to sync your contacts with Google when you plug your iPhone in and then you can simply enable sync on your Android device (Settings > Accounts & sync > enable it > add the Google account). This is the easiest route if you're comfortable using cloud services.

If you don't want to use cloud services, open up Contacts (Address Book pre-10.8), export them to vCard, put them on your phone and import them from the Contacts app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA 2011, 1.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB
I own a RAZR Maxx running Android ICS. I can tell you that having a Gmail account with an android phone is as necessary as having an iTunes account with an iPhone.

All of my contacts are on my Gmail account, as well as my calendar. Everything syncs well between my MBA and my Android phone.

FWIW, all of my music is formatted to iTunes Plus, and plays on the phone just fine. Album art is hit or miss, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.