Bootcamp vs. Parallels

Reaction score
I have a Mac that i want to be able to run windows 8. I am a graphic designer so I'll mainly use my mac for designing, but i recently sold my pc desktop so I have no way of playing pc games at the moment. I was curious for my needs (simply just playing pc games) what would be the best way to put windows on my mac? I know bootcamp has to reboot and parallels can run in macs desktop but I want to be sure I'm getting the most out of speed and performance when running windows.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Some games will work decently under Parallels or VMWare Fusion, but for true gaming performance, you want to do an installation of Windows through Bootcamp and use that to play games..

OP
F
Reaction score
Great! That's what I was thinking considering I wouldn't use windows constantly. However, would rebooting quite often to run windows put wear and tear on the computer itself?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I wouldn't worry about wear and tear..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.