Disc stuck in

Reaction score
I recently inserted a writable dvd disc into my Mac. It was suppose to be clean but there was information on it! It wasn't able to eject and the information or name of the "blanc" disc was called "Studio Devo/Deli". After a while it disappeared and I was unable to see or remove it. I was however able to insert other discs. It is basically still in my mac and I can't search for i or eject it (manually or automatically). My mac also started having problems when reading new cd's???

I have spoken to friends and colleagues about this scenario but nobody has ever heard of this. I also tried to "googling" "studio Deli" but couldn't find any helpful information.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I don't understand how a DVD can be stuck and yet you can "insert other discs".

Anyway, one method of forcing the ejection of the stuck DVD or CD is to restart your Mac whilst constantly holding down the Left side of your Mouse.

Can you try this and get back to us with a success or otherwise?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xserve, iMAC, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPAD 2, Iphone 4s
yea i was going to ask how your using other disks? did a panel pop off and is dumping your cd in the case somewhere? try the mouse eject method and see what happens

OP
H
Reaction score
I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, both of them dont respond with the force eject method done by restarting. I dont know how its possible that I can insert other discs. I did however try the methods mentioned above. No success. Is my only option available to open the iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Xserve, iMAC, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPAD 2, Iphone 4s
do u have a usb windows mouse they work the same, if u tilt the mac do u hear the cd in there?

OP
H
Reaction score
I have tilted it and I have used a Windows mouse, nothing seems to work. The only thing I can think is that the top part of the disc is stuck and that is why the Mac still reads other discs. Now how to get it out? Should I get someone to physically open the iMac? Force eject shows no results.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Searching previous threads on the Forum is helpful because lots of people may have had the same problem.

Here is one such thread offering additional solutions:

Home > Mac-Forums.com > Mac OS X Software > OS X - Operating System > Tried Everything Can't Eject Install Disk

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.