My first post on my new iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
well, rather than wait for apple online to send me my iBook, I cancelled the order last night and went to the apple store and picked one up. I thought by purchasing online, I'd avoid the sales tax, but that wasn't the case. So, I drove over to apple and walked out the door with one. BTW, the girl at the apple store mentioned I should check this site out too.

Anyhow, I've been using this for about 12 hours now and I can only wonder why thing - why did I wait so long to make the jump. This thing is amazing. I just can't get over it.

So far, I've installed some programs - Office 2004, Stuff it, Dreamweaver and Firefox. No issues with that - simple.

Well, I am going back to my book - The Missing Manual for OS X. Just wanted to say hello.

Reaction score
welcome to the forums and hope you like the new ibook, which it seems like you do...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Glad you like you Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook 1.33
You can avoid sales tax by purchasing from Amazon.com in many states. I'm not sure about Illinois though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what mac store did u go to? welcome to the world of mac!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I was given the exact ibook as a Christmas gift and love it. Sure some systems have a faster CPU, but this is more than enough for everything I use a Laptop for and OSX is so nice. It seems faster than the CPU speed would indicate. That is why I never go by numbers alone.

Welcome to the world of Macs. I think you will love it even more the more you use it.

OP
petenet
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
I got it at the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg, IL)

This thing is so dang cool - so clean, fast, and easy to use. I thought about buying it from Amazon, but I was told that you should only buy from Apple - Because I wanted the AppleCare plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
welcome! you have a great new laptop, enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
congrats on your new laptop..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Welcome to the board. i just made the switch 2months ago, i wish i woulda switched earlier too

Glad you like the Mac. I have yet to touch my Toshiba Laptop in months

Reaction score
I as a 2 month old switcher can say it's great :)

I don't need to answer any of the questions as everything has already been said :)

The only reason I've had to turn my old laptop on was to connect to my office via VPN because my boss has lost the disk for the OS X VPN software!

Once I have that, goodbye Windows at home :)

Reaction score
Congrats! I, myself recently purchased a 12" Powerbook and I am still amazed every time I use it. You will continue to appreciate it more and more as time goes on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
pferrigan said:
I got it at the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg, IL)

This thing is so dang cool - so clean, fast, and easy to use. I thought about buying it from Amazon, but I was told that you should only buy from Apple - Because I wanted the AppleCare plan.

Actually, because of the terms of the Apple Care standard warranty, you can pick up the AppleCare Protection Plan within one year of purchase of your Mac (provided it is available for your Mac).

M

misslady

I have recently made the switch myself, and as my bf put it, my dell is somewhat of a joke now that I have this thing...lol..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
Amazon sells the applecare 3 year warranty. I bought my ibook, and warranty from amazon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.