Mini server for whole house connection

Reaction score
Hello. new to this forum and have searched through posts but have not found a similar question posted, so here it goes.

I am a long time Mac user, currently using a 6 year old Macbook Pro. Its on its last leg and I am stuck trying to decide the correct replacement.

I really like the portability of a laptop, mainly to use throughout my house. I have been looking at the mini server and was wondering if I can connect it in my main closet with my other home automation equiptment and then connect to it via ethernet throughout different rooms in my house. In other words, can I hook it up in my closet, and then connect multiple screens throughout the house to it via ethernet so it would be as if I ultimately had a laptop wherever I need it?

Or do I have to connect it directly to a display itself?

Thanks for the input and the help. I am trying to decide whether or not to get the new Macbook Pro or if the server will do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.