Time Machine issue

Reaction score
Hi

Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section,..I am new here ....I am trying to restore a back up from my time machine ...but it wont go back further than today ..when I try and do a new back up it says the back up disc is not available ....altho when i click on the icon in my bar it says last back up 13 Nov I wish to try and find an email I deleted:( ....but I cant click on it its kinda greyed out (see pic) ...any suggestions ????

Thanks

Jo

Screen Shot 2012-11-18 at 15.39.04.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
You need to select Enter Time Machine then select the date on the right hand side of the screen then make a selection as to what you need or type in the box in the top right the latest backup refers to just that the last backup when you select Enter Time machine it will allow you to go back to the first day it was set up.

OP
I
Reaction score
You need to select Enter Time Machine then select the date on the right hand side of the screen then make a selection as to what you need or type in the box in the top right the latest backup refers to just that the last backup when you select Enter Time machine it will allow you to go back to the first day it was set up.

Hi Thanks for your reply ..I have done that and it wont go back further than today :(

And also when i try and do a new back up it says it cant find the disc :(

Jo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is your backup drive connected? Are you in a folder that is not backed up when you enter time machine

Also if you are trying to get an old email back you need to open Mail, then launch time machine

OP
I
Reaction score
Is your backup drive connected? Are you in a folder that is not backed up when you enter time machine

Also if you are trying to get an old email back you need to open Mail, then launch time machine

Hi

Yes im in mail but its just not working ..I have reconnected the time machine twice....green light on but its not showing in finder either..there are 2 macs use the time machine in the house....does that have any bearing on it at all ??

Thanks

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.