Snow leopard disk stuck

Reaction score
Hi all. I was trying to reinstall my snow leopard disk on my mac and the disk spins for a mo then goes to blue screen and nothing happens. Disk is stuck inside.
Can't eject. Wireless mouse n keyboard. Not very tecky. Anyone help?
Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Attach a wired mouse (not wireless), if you don't have one or can't borrow one, you should be able to find one for less than $10 at any retailer. Turn the machine on, immediately press and hold the left mouse button and continue holding until the disc spits out.

OP
C
Reaction score
Sl

Ok. I've now got the snow disk out. Wireless apple mouse. Hold right button down on boot up and it ejects the disk. Now I still have a blue screen and nothing else. Have tried rebooting and also switching off power unplugging etc.
Each time I reboot.just a blue screen. Can't shut down as have no functions so have to use button on rear of the mac. I'm stuck still. Help.

OP
C
Reaction score
Reinstall snow leopard

The stuck disk came about as I was trying to reinstall snow leopard. I had backed up to spare drive as suggested by retailer. Had been getting application memory warnings and system would hang. So tried to do reinstall. When I had first put the disk in it asked for password etc. I did this and it asked 3 times instead of actually doing the install as such. It had the correct info. The blue screen started as I could not get back from install option and each time I clicked install it asked for password which it already had so I force quitted with the rear button. Then on reboot the blue screen appeared. Stuck.

OP
C
Reaction score
S.l.

Have now tried putting in the original app disk as well as install disk for snow leopard. Initially the whirring sound then blue screen, mouse appears then disappears and this continues. Have ejected the disks with right mouse button wireless.
Unable to reboot machine in any mode. Tried the C and D button on start up. Nothing. Just blue screen.
Did note when it normally starts you can hear the whirry clicky chundering sound from the drive. Now I hear nothing. Hmmm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Did note when it normally starts you can hear the whirry clicky chundering sound from the drive. Now I hear nothing. Hmmm.

That to me sounds like a Hard Drive Failure. Have you tried rebooting in SafeMode??

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes. Have tried. Shift key after start tone.released when apple logo appears with wheel spin. Grey screen goes to blue and hangs. Wheel spin is on off on off. Nothing. Just blue.

OP
C
Reaction score
Tattooed mac- thanks. Spoke to apple tech yesterday.went through various fix tools and reboots.reinstall failed 12 minutes from the end. It appears a drive failure.
Apple collecting machine today, expect return , fixed in a couple of days. Apple tech in Ireland have been first class so far. Thank goodness for the extra warranty taken out :)
Corbs:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Tattooed mac- thanks.
Apple collecting machine today, expect return , fixed in a couple of days. Apple tech in Ireland have been first class so far. Thank goodness for the extra warranty taken out :)
Corbs:)

Nice to hear yet again  going to lengths to help out the loyal customer base :)

Let us know how it ends up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.