Boot Camp drivers crashing Windows 7 on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am desperate for your help, I have spent hours scouring the internet for a solution and have yet to find one which works.

Following the system restart after installing the Boot Camp drivers in Windows 7, Windows freezes. This seems to happen as a notification bubble appears in the bottom right corner saying "installing device drivers".

Windows operates perfectly (on minimal drivers) before the Boot Camp drivers installation and after the installation but before rebooting.

I have tried the following to resolve the problem:
-Reinstalling Windows 7.
-After installing the Boot Camp drivers, installing the latest NVIDIA drivers for my graphics card.
-Running Apple update inside windows before rebooting after the Boot Camp drivers installation, this updates Boot Camp to version 3.3

(I have tried these separately and in combination, I have to reinstall windows every time I try something new as nothing can be done once windows starts freezing)

None of this has worked.

I find this problem especially strange because I have installed Windows 7 on this machine previously using the exact same method, Windows cd and Boot Camp drivers and it worked perfectly. The only difference is - since then my hard drive has been replaced by a 500 GB one.

I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP / ADVICE.

My MacBook's specifications are listed in my signature.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.