Problem with Netfli app on iPhone 5

Reaction score
Here's my problem. My Netflix app has worked and currently works on a wifi connection and will go to the site fine, but when it starts to stream, it gives me the 139 error message. I can stream through my providers 3G on other sites, just not Netflix. Netflix support is only good for people that can't read. My provider says they are not filtering my account since I pay for unlimited streaming. They say it is a Netflix issue. Netflix say it's a Apple issue. Any ideas? :(

Can a mod please fix the title to Netflix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried to delete the App then re-download it to see if this persists ?? You could of got a corrupt download the first time.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Have you tried to delete the App then re-download it to see if this persists ?? You could of got a corrupt download the first time.
Yes. This has been a issue for about 2 weeks and I've deleted and re-installed numerous times and still the same problem. I'm to the point now where I've ask my provider to delete me from the system and re-enter my account and make sure I have unlimited streaming. #fedup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I just did a quick google and this seems to be prevelant with the iPhone and ATV. Seems there is no quick fix, because as you stated NF is busting Apple for it and Apple and busting NF for it.
I think you are on the right track and sees what you ISP has to say about the whole thing.

C

chas_m

ISTR that there was a similar problem that turned out to be that people were using Google DNS or Open DNS instead of their provider's DNS.

This played havoc with Netflix (and Apple's) ability to redirect requests to the nearest repeater, since they no longer knew where your IP address actually was.

Any chance that the problem has something to do with that?

Do you have this issue no matter WHAT network you are using, even ones that you know have high speed and plenty of bandwidth?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.