Few months into Mac review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Well, being a relative beginner at the MAC world having owned my G5 for a few months now I thought some people looking to switch would want to hear my thoughts and experiences.

Still learning, many differences from the IBM comp. world. Nothing that is too bad, and there are usually people in this forum or others more specific to what you dabble in that are more than willing to help.
My G5 is faster than anything I ever owned before, however being the impatient person that I am it is still not fast enough :p

I wish I had gone with a larger screen, however the Cinema Display is simply awesome and I do not regret spending the 700ish on it.
I do wish the tower had another bay for a second superdrive. Having two bays is just something I am used to.
I have found absolutely nothing that I cannot replace from the PC world, and some software companies even sent me free MAC versions of the software I had purchased for the PC.

Bottom line, all my "worries" about switching now seem quite humorous to me. I do wish I had switched 4 or 5 years ago when I bought a PC the last time.
So, now I am looking at buying a laptop so that when I am mobile it is the same platform. Since I missed out on getting the new Quad in buying this machine I will wait for the new powerbooks before spending the cash though.

Anyway, thats my experience in switching.

U

UncSki1218

glad its working out so well. mind if i ask what companies gave you the free mac software versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Nice review. Glad to hear all is going well for you!

OP
Odin_aa
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
UncSki1218 said:
glad its working out so well. mind if i ask what companies gave you the free mac software versions.

Not at all. Imagenomic sent me the Mac version of Noiseware, which was the PS plugin as they did not have a stand alone which I owned for PC. Adobe sent me the mac version of Photoshop CS, I had to agree not to use the PC version...but I upgraded to CS2 along with the entire suite shortly after anyway. I think I purchased the microsoft office software for about 120.00 (word, excel, and some program I have not used called entourage).

That is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
I have the PowerBook G4 and I love it. I bought the last revision with the widescreen display. Some things that are bad for the new MacBooks are the loss of a modem, FW800, 8x burning and the DL support. You can't go wrong with the PowerBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.