Siri Using Yahoo Search as Default?

Reaction score
I just started using Siri and I noticed how Yahoo search is the default when it does web searches for me?

Is this a new thing? When did it happen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums.

It is most probably that you have somehow changed the default Search Engine for Safari.
In Settings > Safari, you can choose your default search engine under “General,” between either Google (the one automatically chosen if you haven’t changed it), Yahoo or Bing. When you ask Siri simply to “Search for” something, it will use whichever search engine you have chosen in Settings.

BUT if need to you can just ask Siri to "search" Bing for . . . . . . .?

HTH

Cheers

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forums.

It is most probably that you have somehow changed the default Search Engine for Safari.
In Settings > Safari, you can choose your default search engine under “General,” between either Google (the one automatically chosen if you haven’t changed it), Yahoo or Bing. When you ask Siri simply to “Search for” something, it will use whichever search engine you have chosen in Settings.

BUT if need to you can just ask Siri to "search" Bing for . . . . . . .?

HTH

Cheers

Thanks alot, but one thing I'm fairly certain of is that i did not change the setting. I was just more interested if Apple made Yahoo the opening default setting vs. Google or not. If they did that seems like a big deal.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks alot, but one thing I'm fairly certain of is that i did not change the setting. I was just more interested if Apple made Yahoo the opening default setting vs. Google or not. If they did that seems like a big deal.

For full disclosure I just bought my iPhone 5 a few days ago and I was surprised at the Yahoo search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Not that i have heard of . . . Just enjoy your new device :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.