web images

Reaction score
imac os 10.7.5

i download lots of images for any number of reasons. my preferred method is to grab and save them in whatever folder. since i got this new iMac i have encountered a vexing problem. Many times it happens that an image is too big to grab. in this case i will simply go file / save and download it. "simply" until it appears on my desktop. Then it is housed in a new blue folder. when i open this folder i will find the image i "saved"
But i will also see a very long list of tiny thumbs. these can be opened in a size smaller than a postage stamp. useless. also these images i never saw before. I have never counted these unwanted freebies, but they must run to between 20 and 40 tiny bits of trash.
tonight i had some images that did this. i took out the image i wanted, and then trashed the folder. i can do tis if i must but it is a tedious and annoying business, so i'd like to do it as i have done for the past ten years.

if this helps there are also 3 or4 little white folders labeled "data"

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.