wierd?

Reaction score
I updated BOTH our laptops, (mine, and fiances)< about a year ago..I am on my pro.. 10.7.5.. and it looks like I have Imovie. it comes up in spotlihght and all. now on heres. 10.7.4 a black 13 if that matters. it is nowhere to be found and we have really SEARCHED.. I imagine I bought it right? How do we get it on there? Preciate any and all help!! dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Go to the Mac App Store and type in iMovie in the search field and see what comes up. If it comes up with $ amount that means you will have to buy it.
Its $15.99 here in Aust

OP
S
Reaction score
it only comes up as the new version with the star logo. yep 15 bucks.. what I don't understand though, is why do I have it on mine and she doesn't? we both bought the same thing back when.. Just for sh.. and giggles.., I went to the app store on my macbook too: it came up just the same. as available for purchase. but I clearly have imovie on here. (?)

C

chas_m

All Macs come with a version of iMovie installed on them at the factory. Sounds like she deleted hers somehow.

Because the software is so cheap, every time they come out with a newer version (major version I mean) they just charge you the full price again. So for example if your machine has iMovie 09, you can keep using that or upgrade to iMovie 11 ... which will cost $15.

OP
S
Reaction score
today, I went ahead and redownloaded te os again on her computer. ( assuming she would get her imovie back). Not. 15.00 is relative I guess to cheap! not here. not now, anyway! why do you think it didn't come with her OS? I must be doing something wrong....

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
iMovies doesn't come with the OS, it comes with the computer. It's a separate application which you can get through the App Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.