Outlook 2011 missing On My Computer folder

Reaction score
Howdy,

Outlook on my Air (10.7.5, 13", Mid 2011) is missing the On My Computer folder. In Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items the folder exists, but not outside of the Exchange Server. I want to be able to do the "poor man's" archiving and need this folder. I have unchecked the item in General Preferences to hide On My Computer folders, so I see the ones in Exchange.

Any ideas on how to get this folder to appear?

As always, thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can we assume that Office 2011 was/is installed on your computer?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes. Is. A single exchange account.

Thanks for the info. You would be surprised sometimes…how some folks expect an application to be installed (automatically) on their computer.;) So I had to ask the question.:)

Regarding your question. Is this something you've done on your Mac computers previously (and now cannot)? Or are you a former Windows user...trying to do something you used to do on a Windows computer…and now cannot do it on a Mac?

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm a hapless corporate user who is now facing email quotas and looking for a good way to archive emails without losing access to them from within Outlook. I've removed attachments, deleted spam, etc. but still need an archive solution.

I've some10 years with Macs and many more with PCs.

I don't remember if this installation of Outlook ever had the On My Computer folder. I have mailboxes and inboxes for corporate accounts in the list of folders, and the SMART FOLDERS folder, and one I created to sort emails. But, alas, no On My Computer folder in which to store archived stuff.

I'm assuming this will be the solution, namely, that if I can ever get access to folders on my local machine and not counted as bytes on the server that I can solve my quota problem. So far this seems the case.

Thanks for taking an interest. Any ideas?

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.