Lion hanging randomly now..

Reaction score
No idea why this is happening, but Lion has started hanging randomly. At first I thought it was due to Transmission running but it's happening even with Transmission shut down. Seems to occur after 10-20 minutes of the computer being on..

The *only* thing that could be related to this that I'm aware of is a weird issue with my external drives. I recently changed out my old 750gb drives for 1.5tb drives, and while I was copying the contents across, I got a message saying files on the 750gb drive were corrupted. This was first in finder, and then later I tried Carbon Copy Cloner, same thing.

Ended up using a backup to recover the "corrupt" files, fixed everything up. Fast forward to now (a month later), and the same error happened when I was trying to use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone one of the 1.5tb drives to the other 1.5tb drive.

This hanging issue seemed to pop up after that...

How do I even begin to debug this?

OP
M
Reaction score
Very strange! I'm using Cocktail to perform maintenance on the computer, and I chose to search for corrupted preference files.

The list that came up is full of random strange names that I've never heard of:

com.Leares.CentralMagic.plist
com.SectronGroup.Coloration.plist
com.bundgmbh.communard.plist
com.ingingcorporation.goldenlogic.plist
com.vidirapi.remus.plist

I've google'd and can't find ANYTHING about any of these names. And I'm very tech-savvy, and I'm aware of every application on this computer and recognize every other preference file...

Am I being paranoid or does this sound like a trojan horse?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.