Upgrading RAM for Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know the for a Macbook Pro 13'' -2012 Model mid june model, what is the max capacity or compactable RAM i can upgrade.

I heard we can upgarde till 16gb but it would not support. It would have issues is it true.
is 8gb the max capacity to to upgarde for this model.

Do let me know if KINGSTON - RAM is a good brand to buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Kingston is ok but as microsnook posted go somewhere like MyOWC at OtherWorldComputing.com fill in your Mac specs and see what is available.
And yes 16GB in the unofficial maximum for your Mac. . . . . . Happy buying

OP
V
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the reply.
I got an official information from MAC store that the system support 8GB and anything above 8GB will not be up to the mark .
It my cause problem and still work like a 8GB. I am kind of confused.

My system spec is a 2.5 Ghz i5 Macbook pro mid june 2012 model so as per the apple store guys they suggest max *GB to upgrade.
I would like to know guys after installing 16GB did u guys face any problem or would it create any problem.

Well would like to know more on this before i make a purchase.

Regards
JOE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
After you determine how much you need, get a pair of matching sticks...i.e, 2 x 8GB. Mix-matching brands and capacity should be avoided, in my opinion. OWC RAM is really good Mac RAM from my experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.