iPad and Magazine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.4 C2D - 8GB - 240GB SSD/256GB HDD, ATV2, iPhone 4
Is there a way to save iPad magazine articles? I like to save certain articles that have information on places I want to visit. I would like the ability to be able to either save a specific article or an entire issue (not in the cloud to access when offline). Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I dont understand. If you have the iPad Magazine on your iPad why the need to save a article ? You have the whole magazine saved on your iPad already....

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So there are certain magazines that have articles on specific locations that I want to visit, say for a fly fishing trip. I currently, with paper mags, scan the article in using Genius Scan and save the article in a folder relevant to a state. When I am getting a trip planned I will look at the my locations to see where I want to go next and I have information on those areas. As an example, there is an article on the Bitter Root River in Montana. I don't want to save the entire mag so I scan in the article then save it as Bitter Root River in a MT folder. I don't want to save entire mags on my iPad as they will take up space and still not accomplish how I want to manage them. I know I am a bit if a freak but that is what I want to do. Make sense?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You could take a screen shot of the relevant pages and then move those pics into your folders.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the suggestion. I like having them as a PDF but I guess I could convert the pic into that if I want. Was just hoping they had a print or save feature/function with mags. I was not too sure, as I mentioned above, I do not have an iPad yet but am planning on pulling the trigger this weekend.

C

chas_m

Your use of the term "mags" is highly confusing. Digital magazines, as pointed out earlier, are stored on your device already so you don't need to save articles from them.

At a guess I'm presuming you mean websites, not magazines. If so, check out Evernote, might be exactly what you are looking for.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Chas. Figured it out, just going to stick with a screenshot. If you did not look at my clarifying post, I do not want to keep saving the magazines as they will cont to take up space. I want to treat the digital version the same way I am using paper magazines today.

Thanks all for the suggestions, all taken care of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.