Macbook Pro vs Retina. Which would be better for someone like me?

Reaction score
I am debating on getting the Macbook Pro 15" retina. The only thing I am concerned about right now is the 256 GB storage. I have a external drive I use for all my movies and what not so thats not a big deal. I am debating between the ones that are $2200 for the retina and non retina. Just wanted to see peoples opinions on it to help me make a decision.

I would be playing games life starcraft and guild wars on too.

They both got 8 GB of ram and the same video card. The only difference is the retina screen, the storage capacity (750 GB SATA vs a 256 GB SSD) and the non retina is 0.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 better.

What would be best for casual internet use, some gaming and downloading.

Reaction score
Somewhere inside the White Glowing Apple... meh ac
Your Mac's Specs
2x MacBook 5,2 4GB 64GB SSD + PowerMac G5 Quad2.5 + iPhone 3GS 8GB + iPod nano 2+3 4GB + iPod 4 60GB
Definitely the retina pro. Apart from the amazing Retina display, you will notice an amazing speed difference from an MBP with a HDD. The SSD makes all the difference, trust me. It's well worth it and you can use an external HDD for the bigger files. Plus, it's thinner and lighter. Hope I helped

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.