Rdp

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am squeeky clean when it comes to MACs. I have a mac at work with bootcamp running Windows 7 on it. I have a MAC at home with OS 10.8.2 and I installed RDP 2.1.1 but for some reason it does not connect to the MAC at the office. If I use RDP on a windows computer I can access the macine in the office. Anyone know of any solutions? I even tried RDP 2.01 with no luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
What is RDP?
Now I know you mean a Macintosh when you type MAC, but MAC can be any number of things. That's an acronym. Mac is the abbreviated version of Macintosh.
As for my user name here, I wanted it to be tomacsh, but I had to settle for caps.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
RDP = Remote Desktop Protocol..

Can you ping the Mac at work from your Mac at home? I use my Mac at home to RDP into my Windows laptop at work through the VPN and it works fine. I use the Microsoft RDP client for it, whatever the newest version is.

Do you get any sort of errors from the RDP client?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
RDP is fine going from Mac to Windows or Windows to Windows.

Look into Screen Sharing for getting into the Macs. That is what I use at home to access my MacMini media center from my MBP. Or look into some VNC products as well.

OP
M
Reaction score
RDP = Remote Desktop Protocol..

Can you ping the Mac at work from your Mac at home? I use my Mac at home to RDP into my Windows laptop at work through the VPN and it works fine. I use the Microsoft RDP client for it, whatever the newest version is.

Do you get any sort of errors from the RDP client?

I can ping the Mac at work but when I run the RDP session it just sits there, I see the little circle going round and round and then after a very very long time the program exits with nothing happening. If I use a windows machine I connect to the machine at work right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.