NAS going in standby during Time Machine backup causing corruption?

ewi

Reaction score
I've on a regular basis (each month/couple of months) a corruption of my Time Machine backup. Is it possible that it is caused by my Lacie NAS going in sleep mode while Time Machine is taking backup?
And if so, can I prevent my Lacie NAS going into sleep while TM is taking backup? (I've enabled Lacie NAS Deep sleep using its Power on/off schedule

Reaction score
Hi,

If the NAS is working normally it will not sleep while an active transfer is in progress. Depending on the type of corruption that's taking place, you may be able to resolve it when it happens by using FTP to connect to the time machine share and deleting the apple.db file and folder. That is usually the file that gets corrupted and makes it unable to connect to an AFP source.

Please contact our support at www.lacie.com/mystuff or 503.844.4500 (USA) to investigate further what may be happening. If its something more serious than the above solution there may be service we need to perform.

~mn, LaCie

OP
E

ewi

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I will check next time I've the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.