Pro 1,1 won't boot. Need help troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Mac Pro 1,1
OS X 10.6

I tried to turn on the computer again - white power light came on but it didn't boot from the drive.
It does not appear to be accessing the hard drives at all. I have removed all external USB sources and I still get nothing. i have tried removing all but the first(system) bay and it stll won't boot.

No chime, no screen, no dark grey screen. I hear what sounds/feels like the two fans going full power but nothing that sounds like HDD access. This continues until I cut the power again.

I removed the graphics card - all the drives and but one set of DIMM's with no difference. Fans still stay on full power until I cut power. It does show the white power light on the front though.

I have reseated all the memory as well - cleaning off as much as I could witha 12oz can of compressed air. Still no difference

I guess there is no way to run the Hardware Test in this stage.

The logic boards Diagnostic LED's show "trickle power" That led me, and other apple "experts" to suggest a power supply problem. I bought a new one off ebay but after connecting it nothing changed

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sure sounds like a failed power supply.

Trouble with eBay if the ps was used is to know if it was any good at the time of purchase. If from a reputable selling firm contact them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.