My Admin account is hosed! Please help!

Reaction score
Okay, I'm running OS X 10.6.8 on a '07 MBP. Originally, I had two user accounts, one for me and one for my wife. When the system booted up, it was set to open to my account, and my wife and I would switch back and forth. A few weeks ago, when I powered up my system would not boot. It would only flicker... alternating between a blue and gray screen. After further exploration, I realized my wife's account is fine, and after a trip to Console, it seems that my login screen and dock are crashing.

I have tried disk repair and repair permissions about a dozen times. Please help.

David

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your wife's account an admin account? If it is, log on to her account, create a new account for yourself, give it admin permissions, and then copy all the data from your corrupt account to the new one. Log off your wife's account and log on to the new one. Verify everything is working OK and if it is, delete the corrupt account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.