Unable to remove Apple ID email address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Hey guys, so I've just purchased an ipad (4th gen) & I have reset my old iPad (3rd Gen) to erase all settings etc. I have also restored iPad through iTunes & "set up as new iPad".

However, when I clickon messages on my older "erased all settings" iPad, my Apple ID email address is still shown. It is also still visable when I enter "iCloud" in "settings".

I wish to sell this iPad & leave no trace of myself. Why is it that my email address still shows up, although everything else, pics, messages, bookmarks, email etc etc is deleted as I expected.

How can I remove my email address from my old iPad after it has been set up as new ipad?

Thank you! Hope you can help! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It sounds like you used the wrong option. Be sure you use "Erase All Content and Settings".

OP
weemax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, just for the record...

I have solved it. When I erased all content & the iPad wipes the information, I then reboot the ipad and i have to "set up iPad" using wifi or iTunes. I had previously used iTunes to "set up iPad", this time however I used my wifi connection to set up and when the iPad went to the next step, it asked me to sign in using apple id or to create apple id (it did not show this screen when setting up through iTunes). I selected to "skip this step" & when I checked iCloud in settings and iMessage, my apple Id email address wasn't there :)

Thanks for your help liab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You didn't actually need to set it up. If you simply erase the contents and settings, the iPad will be fine as is and basically be in the state as if it was brand new once it reboots. The next owner can set it up from there.

OP
weemax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, just with my paranoia, I wanted to make sure everything was gone. If i posted it off I'd be thinking about if it had wiped or not :Blushing: I realise that it's stupid, but that's what goes on in my head.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.