• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

how to import movie?

Reaction score
I have a JVC EVERIO cam corder a few years old. I have a Mac book pro running Lion and iMovie '09 how do i import the files so i can edit in iMovie
?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400 RPM, 256MB VRAM, 8X DL
What you do is first connect the video camera to the computer via USB cable. Once it is connected, make sure you open iMovie (you can have it minimised, that won't do anything), then a small window should pop up (it will say scanning for devices) then if nothing happens, click on the button with a picture of a video camera (in imovie, this button is located on the left side of the screen and is next to a button with 2 arrows on it). Then another small window should pop up saying generating poster images, this will take you to a large window where you can select the videos you wish to edit.
Note: If none of these windows pop up or when you click on the video camera button in imovie and it only displays a picture of you via the webcam, then you may have to restart imovie and disconnect the video camera and start again (this sometimes happens with my macbook and is highly annoying)

Hope this helps :)

OP
M
Reaction score
cam corder

I tried all of this last night... and it did not work, I will try restarting my mac book pro and try again later I will let you know... Thanks for the help..
mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4 GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 250GB 5400 RPM, 256MB VRAM, 8X DL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.