Delete events from iPhone 4

Reaction score
I have events on my iPhone calendar that I want to delete and when I click on them they cannot be edited. The events were scheduled weekly and no longer occur. Any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That often indicates that they were created in a different calendar from the one you are viewing them from and hence you don't 'own' them to delete them.

If you open one up and look at the calendar they belong to is it the same as your default calendar?

OP
J
Reaction score
Delete Calendar Events from iPhone

The meeting was originally set up in my Outlook calendar, which was synced to my google calendar and the icloud. Someone told me to turn the google calendar and icloud calendars off and as long as the event was no longer on either of those calendars when I turned them back on they event would be gone. That seemed to work and all of my calendar events that were on google calendar came back to my phone when I turned it back on.

Thank you,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So it's got a different owner, which is why you can't delete it. You can however remove that calendar if you don't have any events from it that you want to see.

Choose calendars (top left in the calendar app) and untick the calender you don't want to see

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.